Register for and complete Pro-Tec Safety’s certification course on Valley Fever. The cost includes the course and certificate.
Valley Fever Certification Training
Pro-Tec Safety Consultants, Inc.
Time: 8:00 am – 10:00 am
California Assembly Bill 203 – Valley Fever will require construction employers engaging in specified work activities or vehicle operation in counties where Valley Fever is endemic to provide effective awareness training by May 1st, 2020. This requirement goes beyond the supervisor training and will be required for all employees and annually thereafter. AB 203 also requires safety training be provided before an employee begins work that is reasonably anticipated to cause substantial dust disturbance.
If you perform dirt moving activities where Valley Fever is endemic you will be required to provide effective safety training. The areas are, including, but not limited to, the Counties of Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Merced, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare targeted activities are any activity that disturbs the soil, including, but not limited to, digging, grading, or other earth moving operations, or vehicle operation on dirt roads, where the activity or operation can expose employees to spores of the Valley Fever fungus that become airborne.
By taking our course you will receive awareness training on:
• What Valley Fever is and how it is contracted.
• High risk areas and types of work during which the risk of contracting Valley Fever is highest.
• Personal risk factors that may create a higher risk for some individuals.
• Personal and environmental exposure prevention.
• The importance of early detection, diagnosis, and treatment to help prevent the disease from progressing.
• Recognizing common signs and symptoms of Valley Fever.
• The importance of seeking medical attention and reporting symptoms to a physician and surgeon for
appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
• Common treatment and prognosis for Valley Fever.
• Instruction to contact a personal physician and surgeon for more information and for suspected infection.
You’re in luck! PRO-TEC Safety Consultants has been providing valued instruction on Valley Fever for the past four years meeting the requirements of AB 203.
After completion of this course, you will receive Valley Fever certification. Sign up now to reserve your seats. This course will fill up soon, so do not hesitate.
PRO-TEC Safety Consultants, Inc. leadership has provided safety support services in many capacities from small to large business operations ranging from $200K to $5 Billion.
Ralph Morales is a licensed safety instructor, with experience as a Safety Manager, Insurance Loss Control Consultant, Project Owners Representative and hands-on Craftsman. His expertise provides a unique understanding of client safety needs with cost-effective resolutions.
Areas of expertise include Owner Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIP), Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIP), mega Design-Build projects and Heavy Civil Transportation Projects.