April- June 2020
Thank you for reading the April edition of WCIS magazine. The content in the second quarter is focused on the legal aspects of CBD in food processing and food & beverage; agricultural innovations that take waste to make fuel and fertilizer; why, now more than ever, everyone should be washing their hands–for at least 20 seconds; and what resources businesses have available to best respond to COVID-19.
In this issue, you will find information and resources for these industries as we enter the uncertainty of this health crisis. Manufacturers can address their skills gap through gender equality. UC Davis research shows how waste products from dairy cattle can be used for both biogas fuel and dry fertilizer. Food processors can prepare for power outages and new labeling regulations. Growers and processors can find valuable information on how to be compliant with regulations for CBD and hemp.
Our goal is to connect industry professionals with each other, along with the latest news and resources available to make it through the quarantine and health crisis.
We only have to be socially distant with in-person interaction! Feel free to connect with us on social media, where we give updates on industry events–we attend over 20 trade shows and local events a year! Or browse our website, where we host these articles as blog posts with more behind the scenes photos and video.
We’re starting an online show through Central Valley Talk and plan to revisit and expand on subjects we have covered, watch us the first and third Saturday of each month at 11am PST for the live showing or follow us on social media to stay up to date.
We are looking to rename the magazine and want your input. Please vote through our website or our social media channels to let us know what name you think we should change to.
If you missed our past event in October 2019, we will be hosting our second annual trade show: 2020 Safety Expo in Food & Facilities, September 17, 2020 at the Clovis Veterans Memorial District in Clovis, CA. Speaking slots are open if you would like to provide training to industry professionals in agriculture, food and beverage, food processing, and manufacturing.
Join us as an exhibitor by May 25, 2020 to receive $100 off your booth cost, as well as a complimentary business card sized advertisement (a $525 value) in the July-September 2020 quarterly issue. Contact us today (email@example.com, (559) 999-6637) if you are interested or browse our advertising options on our website. www.wcismag.com/welcome/advertise/
- Digital Traceability: Reducing Risks and Finding Efficiencies
- The Case For a Makerspace in Downtown Fresno
- You’ve Received an SBA Paycheck Protection Loan: Now What?
- She Built This City: Demi Knight Clark
- CBD in Food and Dietary Supplements: What is the legal status?
- California Hemp Farming and Products Start to Take Shape
- Innovating Dairy Digester Research
- Hand Washing: Sanitation That Saves Lives
- California League of Food Producers (CLFP) Annual Meeting April 30
- Food Labeling Requirements for Manufacturers and Updated Compliance Dates
- The New “Business as Usual” with COVID-19
- Four Takeaways from the 2019 Safety and Maintenance Expo